Like many alternative diagnostic tools or treatments, the facts are not always disclosed. Thermography was summarily dropped from breast screening in the 1980’s after only 1 year of use. The reason was cited as being it detected too many false positives and therefore was not specific enough. This is ironic since the mammogram has a 65% false positive rate and recent studies have shown that it is a poor predictive tool. 90% of MD’s know nothing of the technology and so are critical of that which they don’t know. The other 10% seem to quote research from 22 years ago from a few small studies and ignore the plethora of positive research.
Comments are closed.